A company diverging from the path of singularity across departments, poses itself in a losing stance.
On the contrary, to achieve massive growth by over-delivering on your customer’s expectations while increasing your team’s efficiency – a unified system acting as a single source of truth needs to be put in place.
And a small business in its initial growth phase needs to automate business processes for optimum output.
Looking at this rising demand, especially for small businesses, Zoho launched Zoho One Suite in 2017.
In the words of Zoho, their all-in-one suite is “The operating system for your business”.
What is Zoho One?
Zoho One is a cloud-based suite of 45+ business apps that help you manage your entire business in one place. It is a business process management software that helps you automate your business processes, manage your customer interactions, and improve your productivity. It’s a comprehensive solution that includes CRM, marketing automation, invoicing, document management, accounting and many more features, accessible with a single sign-on.
Zoho One offers a comprehensive set of features that lets you simplify your life as a small business owner.
Not only does it have an intuitive interface that makes it easy for anyone in the office to use (even if they don’t have much experience with accounting software), but it also has an extensive library of integrations with other popular tools such as Google Drive, MailChimp, Dropbox, Freshbooks and more.
Thus, enabling you to work faster and smarter.
How can you use Zoho One for your Small Business
Support your customers
As a business owner, you have probably thought about how to improve your customer service. You may be wondering how to make it easier for your customers to reach you and how to give them a better experience when they do.
Zoho One helps you provide top-notch customer support. With multiple tools in one place, you can create a complete customer journey.
Here are some ways you can use Zoho One to support your customers:
- Create a personal touch with Zoho Assist
- Manage customer relationships with Zoho Desk
- Centralized customer data with Zoho CRM.
Market your Business with Ease
The world of marketing is changing rapidly. Marketing your product/service is a tricky business now. It’s not just about coming up with a catchy tagline or designing an eye-catching logo, but it encompasses standard boundaries. It’s about finding new customers, making them happy, and retaining them for your growth trajectory.
Zoho One gives you a single platform to manage all your marketing efforts — from social media to email campaigns and everything in between — without worry.
With Zoho One, your business can:
- Create and send professional-looking emails and newsletters with Zoho Mail. You can also create personalized email templates for different segments of users, such as customers or non-subscribers, so that your message resonates with them on every occasion.
- Automatically schedule and monitor social media posts across multiple channels with Zoho Social.
- Build landing pages, forms, and surveys.
- Collect data from your website visitors and turn them into leads with PageSense.
- Track your advertising efforts using Google Analytics integration.
Supercharge your Sales Team
The sales team is often the first line of defense for a company’s success. It’s the salespeople who go out into the market and sell your products or services. They’re essentially in charge of driving revenue, and they’re also responsible for building relationships with customers.
But how can you ensure your business is getting the most out of its people?
That’s where Zoho One comes in.
Its all-in-one feature lets you streamline your sales funnel, manage multiple channels, and engage with customers at scale.
With Zoho One, you can:
- Automate your marketing efforts and save time for more critical tasks.
- Manage leads and convert them into customers with lead scoring and prioritization, lead nurturing and follow-up campaigns.
- Manage your sales pipeline seamlessly with email templates that are automatically personalized based on the stage of the buyer’s journey (unsubscribe when it’s not needed anymore).
- Close more deals with a powerful CRM.
- Track your team’s performance using real-time reports and advanced data insights on key metrics such as pipeline velocity and sales cycle duration.
Uplift your HR efforts
Managing human resources is a tough job and often, it’s the HR team that gets the short end of the stick. The first step to improving your relationship with the HR team is to understand what they do.
And the next important step is to provide them with the right set of tools. (That’s what the onset of the Great Resignation taught us all).
Zoho One helps you in the latter. Its cloud-based HR platform can assist you and your HR team in all the aspects of human resources management (HR) in one place.
With Zoho People, you can:
- Manage talent acquisition. Create job postings and manage candidate pipeline from sourcing to hiring.
- Enforce compliance activities like onboarding & offboarding processes, background check approvals etc.
- Hire new employees and maintain their records, including benefits and payroll information.
- Provide training to employees and invite them to events.
- Track their time and incentivize them based on performance reviews.
Keep track of your finances
Accounting is a crucial aspect of business operations, and it’s no secret that small businesses are often challenged by the cost and complexity of managing their books.
Zoho’s cloud-based platform offers several tools that make this daunting aspect of operations – easy to manage.
With Zoho One, you can:
- Track expenses by creating expense reports, uploading receipts, and categorizing purchases.
- Invoice and bill your customers with ease by integrating with over 20 payment gateways and match accuracy of accounts.
- Keep track of the balance sheet, profit and loss statements and cash flows.
You do not have to suddenly shift gears. You might not be an existing user of Zoho products, and you do not foresee yourself upgrading your current Accounting ERP to a completely new one either. Because moving to a new system has many hidden costs attached.
However, you can still utilize the power of a unified system by integrating your current Accounting ERP with your CRM through Commercient SYNC. What’s better, you can save on the hassle, time and costs of migration.
If you want to start your journey through CRM/ERP integration success with SYNC, click here to contact us to schedule a free demo.
Taman is an SEO-expert Content Writer with a passion for transforming complex topics into engaging content. She writes all things SaaS at Commercient, including data integration, technology, ERPs, CRMs, etc. When not writing, she loves to read and enjoys spending relaxed moments with her family at cozy cafes.