Sage Summit 2016 will be an eventful jam-packed week with celebrity speakers, hands-on product training, and countless networking opportunities. However, you’re still bound to have a little down time between all of those life-altering sessions and meetings you’re scheduling.
What should you do with your down time? Explore Chicago! If you’ve got some free time, we highly recommend visiting these 7 places while hanging out in the Windy City.
7 Things To Do While You’re At Sage Summit
Visit the Bean.
- You’re a tourist in Chicago. You have to go see the Bean (also known as Cloud Gate). A public art exhibit, and free to see, if you don’t go snap a pic with the Bean while in Chicago for Sage Summit 2016 you’re not doing it right.
Go to Navy Pier.
- Navy Pier is a fun spot to unwind after a long day of forming new partnerships at Summit. No matter how many people are in your group, there’s something here for everyone from amusement park rides to restaurants to an IMAX theater.
Have a drink at Old Town Pour House.
- The Old Town Pour House lays claim to Chicago’s largest selection of beer—90 to be exact. It’s a great spot to spend an evening just hanging out or set up casual meetings with potential partners.
Walk Skydeck Chicago.
- Test your fear of heights and get a spectacular view of the city from 1,353 feet up and walk the Skydeck at Willis Tower. Chances are you’ll have to wait in line to take in the views from Skydeck Chicago but it’s well worth the wait.
Laugh at Second City.
- Second City is an improv comedy club that gave a name to iconic comedic legends like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Jim Belushi, Stephen Colbert, and more. It’s only $30 to catch a show and share some great laughs with your team.
Stroll through Lurie Garden.
- Another must-see exhibit in Millennium Park (after the Bean) is Lurie Garden. Designed by Gustafson Guthrie Nichol Ltd, Piet Oudolf and Robert Israel, highlights of the garden include a dramatically lit 15-foot high “shoulder” hedge and a graceful hardwood footbridge.
Eat some deep dish pizza.
- Ask anybody where the best place to eat pizza in Chicago is and you’re going to get a different answer every time. So, if you’re going to grab a slice while you’re in Chicago, do it right and visit one the top 38 places suggested in
If you have big plans and fun ideas for making the most of Sage Summit 2016 we’d like to hear about them. Even better, if you’re an ISV looking to do a little networking together while at the conference, shoot us an email!