Progressing through the tiers of the HubSpot Partner Program is a bit like climbing a mountain. To make it to the top, you need to earn a combination of sold and managed points, which represent the revenue you generate from selling HubSpot products and services, as well as the value you provide to your existing customers through professional services and support.
Of course, climbing a mountain isn’t easy, and progressing through the tiers of the HubSpot Partner Program requires hard work, dedication, and a willingness to take on new challenges. But the rewards are well worth it – as you progress through the tiers, you’ll unlock new benefits and opportunities that can help you grow your business and achieve greater success.
For example, as you progress through the tiers, you’ll gain access to more advanced training and support from HubSpot, as well as co-marketing opportunities, priority access to new product features, and exclusive partner events. Plus, you’ll be able to differentiate your business from competitors by showcasing your HubSpot partnership and the expertise and resources that come with it.
So if you’re looking to take your business to new heights, consider joining the HubSpot Partner Program and start climbing the mountain to success!
Different Tiers in HubSpot Partner Program
Before we move onto the table differentiating the tiers: what are Sold and Managed Points in HubSpot?
Sold points in the HubSpot Partner Program are obtained through successful sales transactions with both new and existing customers.
These points can be earned by closing deals or through other means, such as when a customer’s subscription undergoes changes that lead to increased revenue, like modifications in discounts during the renewal process. Essentially, any form of revenue generated through sales activities contributes to accumulating sold points.
Sold points are like the ascent of the mountain – they represent your ability to sell to new or existing customers and increase their subscription value. The more you sell, the more points you earn, and the closer you get to the top of the mountain.
On the other hand, managed points are accrued by providing exceptional services to existing customers.
These points recognize the efforts put into serving and nurturing relationships with clients. By delivering top-notch professional services, such as consulting or implementation work, you can earn managed points and strengthen their position within the program.
Continuing our mountain analogy, Managed points are like the base camp of the mountain – they represent the support and services you provide to your existing customers. By delivering exceptional service and helping your customers succeed with HubSpot, you can earn valuable managed points that help you progress through the tiers.
Moreover, when you engage in sales activities targeting clients located in specific growth markets, you have the opportunity to earn additional points. This is an incentive to encourage you, and partners in general, to explore and tap into emerging markets, thereby fostering business expansion and rewarding contribution to the program’s overall growth.
|Tier||Sold Points||Managed Points||Total Points|
Please note that the table includes the managed and sold points requirements for each tier as and in May 2023, but these may have been updated or changed by HubSpot. Please visit HubSpot Partner Tiers Page for the latest information.
Additionally, this table includes the minimum requirements for each tier, but there may be additional criteria or qualifications that are not listed here. The table gives a general overview of the tier requirements for the HubSpot Partner Program.
Gold Tier: To achieve Gold tier status, a company needs to earn a minimum of 113 sold points and 38 managed points, for a total of 243 points. Sold points can come from monthly recurring revenue (MRR) generated through HubSpot products and services, as well as one-time sales of certain HubSpot products. Managed points can come from the provision of professional services, such as consulting or implementation work.
Platinum Tier: To reach Platinum tier status, a company needs to earn a minimum of 270 sold points and 150 managed points, for a total of 645 points. In addition to MRR, one-time sales, and professional services, Platinum partners can also earn points by selling certain HubSpot products and services, such as Sales Hub Enterprise or CMS Hub Enterprise.
Diamond Tier: Diamond tier is the most elite tier of the HubSpot Partner Program, and it requires a company to earn a minimum of 570 sold points and 550 managed points, for a total of 2,020 points. This includes points earned through MRR, one-time sales, professional services, and the sale of certain HubSpot products and services.
Elite Tier: The Elite tier is a new tier that HubSpot introduced in 2021. To achieve Elite tier status, a company needs to earn a minimum of 1,950 sold points and 1,700 managed points, for a total of 5,950 points. This tier is designed for the top 1% of HubSpot partners, and it comes with exclusive benefits and opportunities.
Why Should You Strive to be a Diamond Tier Partner?
1. Access to Exclusive Resources
As a diamond tier partner, you’ll gain access to a range of exclusive resources that can help you grow your business:
- Priority Support from HubSpot’s Partner Program Team: Need help with a difficult client or a tricky technical issue? As a diamond tier partner, you’ll receive priority support from HubSpot’s Partner Program team, giving you the assistance you need to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Custom Onboarding and Training for Your Team: HubSpot is a powerful platform, and getting the most out of it requires expertise and training. As a diamond tier partner, you’ll receive custom onboarding and training for your team, ensuring that everyone is up-to-speed and ready to deliver results.
- Priority Access to New Product Features and Beta Programs: As HubSpot releases new features and updates, diamond partners get first dibs on testing and providing feedback on new features, giving them a competitive edge.
- Exclusive Partner Events and Networking Opportunities: HubSpot organizes a range of events for its partners throughout the year, from workshops and webinars to partner-only conferences. As a diamond partner, you’ll have access to these exclusive events, allowing you to connect with other top partners and learn from industry experts.
2. Co-Marketing Opportunities
Diamond partners also have the opportunity to participate in co-marketing activities with HubSpot, which can help you generate leads and build your brand:
- Featured Placement in the HubSpot Partner Directory: When you become a diamond partner, you’ll be featured at the top of the HubSpot Partner Directory, making it easier for potential customers to find and connect with your business.
- Joint Marketing Campaigns with HubSpot: Diamond partners have the opportunity to collaborate with HubSpot on joint marketing campaigns, allowing you to leverage the power of HubSpot’s brand and reach a wider audience.
- Opportunities to Create Co-Branded Content: From webinars to ebooks to case studies, co-branded content can be a powerful tool for generating leads and building your brand. As a diamond partner, you’ll have the opportunity to work with HubSpot to create co-branded content that showcases your expertise and drives new business.
3. Greater Visibility and Credibility
By achieving diamond tier status, you’ll be able to differentiate your business from competitors and demonstrate your expertise in HubSpot:
- Increased Credibility with Customers: As a diamond partner, you’ll be recognized as one of HubSpot’s top partners, giving you greater credibility and authority with potential customers. This can make it easier to win new business and close bigger deals.
- Enhanced Branding and Differentiation: With exclusive access to HubSpot’s branding and marketing resources, diamond partners can stand out from the competition and differentiate their business from other agencies.
- Greater Visibility in the HubSpot Ecosystem: By achieving diamond tier status, you’ll gain greater visibility in the HubSpot ecosystem, making it easier to connect with potential customers, partners, and other stakeholders in the community.
4. Competitive Advantage
As a diamond tier partner, you’ll be in the top tier of HubSpot’s partner ecosystem, giving you a significant competitive advantage over other businesses that aren’t as deeply integrated with HubSpot:
- Higher Revenue Potential: With access to exclusive resources, co-marketing opportunities, and greater visibility and credibility, diamond partners are better positioned to win larger deals, generate more revenue, and achieve greater long-term success.
- Better Customer Retention: By providing exceptional service and expertise, diamond partners can build stronger relationships with their clients, leading to higher retention rates.
Commercient’s 5 Tips to Become a Diamond Tier HubSpot Partner
Establish a Strong Foundation
You need to have a strong foundation that includes a dedicated team, a solid track record of customer success, and a proven ability to deliver high-quality work consistently.
The first step towards achieving this is to establish a team of experts with experience in inbound marketing, sales, and customer service. This team should be knowledgeable in using HubSpot’s suite of tools, including the Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, and Service Hub.
It’s also important to have a track record of success in delivering results for your clients. This can be demonstrated through case studies, testimonials, and awards.
Focus on Quality
You need to focus on delivering high-quality work consistently.
This means paying attention to the details and providing an exceptional customer experience at every touchpoint.
One way to achieve this is by investing in training and development for your team. HubSpot offers a range of certifications and training programs that can help your team stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in inbound marketing and sales.
Additionally, you should focus on creating processes and systems that ensure quality work is delivered every time.
This could include implementing quality control measures, setting clear expectations with clients, and regularly reviewing and analyzing performance metrics.
To add on, you should maintain transparency. Maintaining transparency and honesty with your clients and the HubSpot team is critical to building trust and establishing yourself as a reliable partner. This means being upfront about your capabilities and limitations, setting clear expectations, and being transparent about your pricing and service offerings.
Build Strong Relationships
To build strong relationships: you need to be responsive, transparent, and proactive in your communication.
It’s also important to establish yourself as a trusted advisor to your clients. This can be achieved by providing strategic guidance and insights, identifying areas for improvement, and being proactive in suggesting new solutions and ideas.
Building a strong relationship with the HubSpot team is also critical.
This includes attending partner events, participating in partner forums, and collaborating with HubSpot staff to ensure that you are providing the best possible service to your clients.
Grow Your Business
You need to continually expand your client base, increase revenue, and demonstrate a commitment to ongoing growth and improvement.
To achieve this, you should focus on developing a strong sales and marketing strategy that includes a clear value proposition, effective lead generation tactics, and a focus on delivering results for your clients.
It’s also important to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and innovations in inbound marketing and sales.
This means regularly attending industry events, networking with other HubSpot partners, and investing in research and development.
You can also collaborate with Other Partners. Collaborating with other HubSpot partners can help you expand your service offerings, reach new clients, and drive growth. Consider partnering with other partners on joint projects or events to build relationships and grow your business.
Leverage HubSpot’s Resources
HubSpot offers a wide range of resources to help partners succeed, including training programs, partner events, and a partner portal.
You can leverage these resources to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices, network with other partners, and access valuable tools and resources.
Try investing in HubSpot Training and Certification. HubSpot offers a range of training and certification programs that can help you stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in inbound marketing and sales.
You can also check out Commercient’s HubSpot Guided Course.
Investing in HubSpot training and certification can help you position yourself as an expert in the ecosystem and provide more value to your clients.
You should also participate in the HubSpot Community. The community includes forums, social media groups, and other online platforms where partners can share insights, ask questions, and connect with others in the ecosystem.
Additionally, HubSpot regularly releases new features and updates, so it’s important to stay informed about these changes and how they can benefit your clients.
Taking Action: The Key to Diamond Tier Success in HubSpot Partner Program
Set clear goals for your business, identify the areas where you need to improve, and commit to a path of continuous learning and improvement. With hard work, dedication, and a willingness to take risks, you can achieve diamond tier status and build a thriving HubSpot partner business that sets you apart in the marketplace.
But this is just the beginning.
Once you achieve diamond tier status, there are still plenty of opportunities to grow and expand your business. You can continue to invest in your team, build strategic partnerships with HubSpot, and experiment with new strategies and tactics to stay ahead of the competition.