A global company, full of capable team members is one of Commercient’s greatest assets. People that are great at what they do, willing to improve their skill sets in order to provide best-in-class service to our customers and partners. Now, two of them have received the AWS Certification.
After weeks of hard work preparing for the exam, Sergio Cabrales and Alan Valdez, both Level 1 Support (Application Team of Commercient), completed this process successfully and are proud owners of the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification.
They had one month to prepare for the exam which resulted in them being extremely dedicated during the week and on weekends.
They stated the following on how it will benefit Commercient:
“I hope that this certification helps me have a deeper understanding of the configuration of our customers so that I could provide them with better troubleshooting and advice whenever needed”, explained Sergio Cabrales
Alan Valdez said: “This clearly proves that as time passes on, Commercient gets more and more people certified in different skills which brings way more value to the company in any way one could think of.”
AWS stands for Amazon Web Services, which is known to be a cloud-based platform that offers 175 services ranging from analytics, application integration, AR & VR, AWS Cost Management, Blockchain, Customer Engagement, Machine Learning, Developer Tools, Security, Networking, IoT, and the list goes on.
Part of these functionalities is that there are so many, that an application can be designed with the right tools for the specific job you require and it offers data to be moved to the cloud through cost-effective, fast and easier measures. Not only that, but AWS is one of the most secure cloud databases as it even satisfies the military, banks and other industries managing sensitive information.
Even though AWS is offered as a product to many customers, it also offers various certifications such as:
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner – Foundational
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
Sergio and Alan took this great challenge by excelling in the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certificate. This course focuses on:
- Designing systems with AWS tools
- Data Security
And this is what our team members had to say about it:
“I think getting this AWS certification is certainly a big accomplishment for my career. I had experience working with AWS before, and this exam required a deep knowledge of cloud computing. This has greatly helped me understand how cloud computing works and all of the components needed to make a business application successful said Sergio Cabrales.”
“I prepared for this exam by reviewing online studying materials and also doing some hands-on practice in the AWS console directly. Balancing the workload at the job and the study time was quite challenging, but I am glad I got a positive result,” explained Cabrales.
Alan Valdez shared this about the preparation process: “When I got the assignment of passing the AWS Solutions Architect Certification, I definitely took it as a challenge to test my capabilities as we only had around a month to go before test day would arrive and I wanted to contribute to this to the best of my ability for Commercient.”
“Then came the course to get prepared for the AWS Solutions Architect Certification actual test. This was more of practicing within the console of AWS and covered a lot of material than what was actually in the real exam and previous dump exams, that I had taken prior to the real one”, said Valdez.
How do you expect to help Commercient customers with this certification?
“I hope that this certification helps me have a deeper understanding of the configuration of our customers so that I could provide them with better troubleshooting and advice whenever needed”, said Sergio Cabrales.
Alan Valdez added: “I believe this certification will truly help Commercient and our customers not only because of the Certification itself, for partner wise purposes and related topics. This clearly proves that as time passes on, Commercient gets more and more people certified in different skills which brings way more value to the company in any way one could think of. This was my joyful experience in taking this examination and being able to pass on the first attempt.”
Here are some tips if you feel like getting an AWS Certification is the next step in your career.
Tips To Get The AWS certificate
How do we know which AWS certificate is best suited to us? What is a certificate? Why do we need certificates? These are all common questions that are normally asked amongst ourselves. But they are highly recommended and the following are one of many benefits:
- They are proof of hard work and knowledge
- They are valuable
- They open doors to many opportunities
- We can gain skills and make ourselves more profitable
With the types of AWS certificates such as,
- AWS Foundational Level Certifications: This is based on foundational cloud concepts but nothing on implementation.
- AWS Associate Level Certifications: This has to do with working in the cloud and has to do with more hands-on implementations.
- AWS Professional Level Certifications: You are already experienced in AWS and have passed the AWS associate-level certifications.
- AWS Specialty Certifications: You are highly experienced in AWS and it is focused on narrow areas – networking, data, and security. Many years of experience are needed for this.
If the AWS certificate is what you are looking for, here are the steps to sign up and begin!
- You will need to sign up for an AWS training class
- Look over any exam or study guides to start preparing
- Take on all AWS whitepapers as you may find many answers in there to your questions
- Make sure to practice over past exam papers to gain an insight into what it will feel like to write the exam
- Depending on the certification, make sure you spend at least 80-120 hours practicing and studying before the exam. Once you feel ready, schedule the exam.