What is eCommerce?
Before we get into eCommerce – Magento ERP integration, let us define and tackle what is eCommerce. An eCommerce site is a site that enables users to do their shopping online, which means that physical products can also be bought online through the purchasing and selling of products online. It is also known as “internet commerce” or “electronic commerce”. A commercial transaction takes place once a user buys a service or product, the money is then paid through a secured online platform. An example of an eCommerce site is Magento.
When it comes to eCommerce, there are different types such as:
- Business-to-Business (B2B) – When a service or product is sold to an alternative business.
- Business-to-Consumer (B2C) – When a service or product is sold to another consumer.
- Consumer-to-Business (C2B) – This happens when a consumer sells a service or product they offer to another business.
- Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C) – This takes place when a consumer sells a service or a product to another consumer
What is eCommerce – Magento ERP integration?
Magento ERP integration is a link between the business eCommerce site and back-end (ERP) that involves accounting and inventory. The data between these two systems flow automatically and bi-directionally which results in data only needing to be captured once. For example, when data flows, inventory levels will drop once a purchase is made. A type of eCommerce integration is Magento, which contains the customer’s details, orders, and payments.
Why should a business use eCommerce – Magento ERP integration?
A Magento ERP integration is beneficial if you are continuously adding in data manually and moving it across the two systems, regardless of whether it is orders or product information. This will result in a higher chance of making mistakes (human error) and leading to incorrect information that may affect the buyer’s experience, for example, the wrong shipping address. The more the eCommerce business grows, the amount of data being handled will increase and if you integrate your eCommerce data, you will need less staff to handle the influx. The user entering an eCommerce site will always expect a seamless experience.
What are the benefits of eCommerce – Magento ERP integration
eCommerce – Magento ERP integration has the following benefits:
- Customers will automatically be notified when their orders have been shipped and they can trace their delivery
- Data will automatically be updated, for example, if prices change
- There will be better customer service since the integration will allow updates on the platform when a user makes a purchase
- Entering data manually will no longer be needed which will reduce time and human mistakes
- Orders can be increased without the need to provide more resources
- Users will be able to see accurate information of what is in stock
- Data will be synced bi-directionally, which will keep consistency and will speed up the data processor when it updates
- When an integration takes place between the ERP and eCommerce platform, this will allow data to be fetched from other departments
How to integrate Magento with your ERP?
Commercient has the integration solution for your Magento ERP integration requirements, SYNC can integrate the data you need which is simplified and user-friendly, as they no longer use traditional integration tools like ETL, mapping, or coding. By choosing Commercient SYNC, you will be able to view all the data in one place and the data will flow automatically as well as bi-directionally. Contact us today and alleviate the risk of having human errors from manually entering data. and increase your employees’ productivity with one source of centralized data. Not only that, but SYNC can integrate the data in real-time and provide you with an enhanced experience.