Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems can still be a mystery to new companies big or small. New businesses may not be aware of the importance of a CRM integration, which allows companies to make the most out of their data and investment.
In this era of digital information, real-time data is your most important asset. The relationship between you and your customers is at the heart of your business, it’s important to keep it alive. CRM software is changing the way businesses interact with customers since it gives you a 360-degree view of the sales cycle. Many companies are already investing in CRM technology, which include Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics 365. CRM software is essential to assure a successful engagement with clients. You can keep track of contact information, buying preferences, sales patterns and much more.
Improved customer service and a well-managed relationship leads to a personalization of the customer experience. The clients feel as if they are much more than simply buyers of a product or service. This generates a feeling of genuine connection with the company and promotes loyalty.
While 81% of organizations agree that data should be at the heart of all decision-making, at the same, 32% of businesses admit being overwhelmed by data (EY and Nimbus Ninety). That’s why a CRM system is a huge asset for your company, which allows you to be more efficient and get more insights towards a data-driven and profitable business.
How to choose the right Customer Relationship Management software for your business?
The decision to invest in a software solution shouldn’t be taken lightly. It’s important to put some extra time and effort into research. There are steps you can take to ensure that you are choosing the best CRM software for your company:
– Know your business goals and requirements. First answer some important questions. Every business is different and every issue needs a unique solution. Therefore, you should identify the problems you want to solve, understand your sales process and how it can be improved. The more questions you ask yourself, your co-workers and your employees the closer you are to choosing the ideal CRM that fits your company’s needs.
– On-premise or cloud-based? Be aware that one of the most important decisions you need to make when it comes to investing in a software solution is choosing between a CRM on-premises system, or a cloud-based (SaaS) system. The hardware-based option needs to be installed and operated from an in-house server and computing infrastructure. It utilizes a company’s native resources and you will also need in-house IT support staff if you experience technical issues. However, this option doesn’t fit the need of having easy access to real-time data. Meanwhile, the Cloud-based (SaaS) option gives you a little more freedom as it doesn’t require physical installation. It is enabled remotely and you won’t need in-house technicians to solve issues. One of the advantages of this option is that you can go fully mobile. It allows your sales team to have instant access to information anytime and anywhere.
How to get as much value of your data as possible
Using your CRM wisely can do wonders to improve your sales pipeline. Be careful to not embark on this technology unprepared. Any new software you bring into your company will require proper setup and training.
Here are some CRM best practices you should consider when implementing a new system.
- Help your team embrace the new system. Yes, we know: old habits die hard. CRM adoption can be tricky as it often involves a change in organizational culture. According to reports, 40% of employees don’t know what a CRM solution is or how to use it. In the beginning, your team might be skeptical about change, but you need to make sure that all your team members are on board and have the necessary training to use it effectively. It takes time and requires reinforcement until it becomes a habit. The benefits are for the long term.
- Automate as many tasks as possible. Make sure that your CRM technology is indeed fulfilling the purpose of making your life easier. Automate as many tasks as possible. Take advantage of the workflow automation features of a CRM. Eliminate repetitive data entry, avoid human errors and help your team become more efficient. Ensure well-designed reporting and data-driven decisions from day one.
- Always keep customer information updated. You and your team probably have practices in place to optimize data entry, get reports and use data to improve sales metrics. It is important to update your customer data as soon as new information has been collected. The data provided by your CRM system is valuable customer insight. But it’s only useful if it’s stored and understood in an efficient way.
- Define goals and KPIs. Clear goals and objectives are crucial for CRM adoption. A CRM strategy will only be successful if companies have clarity about what they want to achieve. Therefore it’s important to set goals and KPIs to evaluate them. Once these are set up, you’ll be able to track your progress, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
- Go big! Integrate CRM with other business software. Incorporating your current CRM to other programs makes it an even more powerful tool. Why not integrate your ERP and CRM software together? Commercient SYNC, the #1 data integration platform for sales, is the right solution to do so. CRM integration is one of the best ways to gain a competitive advantage nowadays.
- Learn from analytics. Use data to understand your sales cycle. A salesperson that already knows a client’s profile has a better chance of closing a deal. One of the greatest advantages of having a CRM system is to analyze customer behavior. Why spend time and resources on a campaign that is not connecting with the customer? A business can learn from a successful strategy and also from a failed one.
- Keep an eye on the latest trends that could improve your own CRM setup. Constantly update your CRM software to the latest versions and don’t miss out on the new trends such as artificial intelligence. If possible make your software mobile. It is very important to implement a CRM that can be accessed across multiple devices.
So no matter if it is a big or a small business, a CRM system is a great asset. It’s vital to use the right software that allows you to strengthen the relationship with your customers. Get rid of tedious workflows and let technology help your business thrive. Make the most out of your investment by choosing a powerful CRM. Integrate your sales and accounting software in order to boost profitability and increase efficiency. Let Commercient SYNC guide you through it and start enjoying the benefits of a long and happy relationship with your clients. Contact us now.